Thursday, June 3, 2010

Feel

More moons together
I thought we'd have 
So many more
For a moment, I was sure
But surety can yield obscurity
At which time, doubt spins the loom

I am in a room, my thoughts a kind of cupboard
I open to discover what I deem the truth
But truth is that truth is ever-shifting
At least, I find it is with you

Blame can become so contradictory, though
Painful emotions can create a game
Like a maze
We become the rat
In search of some bounty that rests in the middle
So sure of it's presence
As if it were heard through some grapevine
We unknowingly, unwittingly assume
An assumption that our prize will be there
That it's just around this corner
And we never give up
Not until insanity or death
Whichever comes first
I remember now what drives us
Instinct.

Maybe I was being presumptuous
In real terms, there is no us anyway
I'm so vulnerable in this chase and can't help but wonder
Who's watching?
Who's pulling these strings?
Who is our hungry scientist in white lab coat hunched over and peering?
Waiting.
Watching.
ANALYZING.
Don't worry
I'm aware of the quasi-paranoid overtone
And aware that I may be my own, Mad Scientist

Love, I don't know what's door, what's not
You took me by surprise
And with the taking, a part of me went
But you know what?
Keep it!
Consider it a gift

Go on!
Add it to your mausoleum
To your sanctuary of undead past
Sit it alone, dim-lit within fine glass
For what almost was, a taste of home fills my mouth
A wind gusts within
I feel

No comments:

Post a Comment